Statement on “Modern Slavery Act“
The "UK Modern Slavery Act 2015", passed in October 2015, obliges us as a company to write and publish an annual statement on forced labour, child labour and trafficking in human beings, Shimadzu Europa GmbH supports this law and assures to reject all forms of forced labour, human trafficking and child labour.
The "UK Modern Slavery Act 2015" is a law that is consistent with our company's own "Code of Ethics". lt commits us to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, such as the "General Equal Treatment Act" or the "Minimum Wage Payment Act".
The following measures were implemented in the past fiscal year 2022/2023 in order to communicate the ethical and moral values within the company and to ensure compliance with them:
- Passing on the Code of Ethics to new employees (m/f/d) and making them aware of it before/when they start work.
- Implementation of global policy to monitor compliance with ethics, compliance and risk management rules.
- Continuous Performance of in-house training courses for all employees (m/f/d) through e-learning including the topic "Code of Conduct“
- Information and access to the "Code of Ethics" always through (electronic) publication
- Review of compliance with the “Code of Ethics” through regular meetings of the Ethics Board
- Regular information of employees (m/f/d) about updated and new occupational health and safety laws
- Regular monitoring of compliance with the “Minimum Wage Payment Act"
- Compliance with and regular review of the Corona occupational health and safety regulations of the federal government and the state of North Rhine-Westphalia
- Supplier survey and evaluation of compliance with the "Modern Slavery Act" for top 80 suppliers (Analytic/Medical)
Shimadzu Europa GmbH